Help with removing a kid from background

I shot a wedding for a friend. They weren't looking at spending much and asked me to shoot it. I did it free of charge

so I am not trying to make money at anyhing that I am not qualified for. It was quite the experience.

For any overall view of the shots you can go to this site:

http://awexotics.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5

I am posting in here for advice on removing the kids from the background. I would love to have this shot without the

kid in the background.

I used Photoshop Elements 6.0 and have access to CS2. Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

I was even thinking of dropping a rock on the kid =)

Any ideas?

Todd Phillips<div>00QIuY-59929584.jpg.11582c5c5058352e25d27b0166dfb9f4.jpg</div>

Both kids and footprints gone,

On such low res copies adjustments really are very easy. Clone stamp with a feathered edge, I used 27 pixels and 11 pixels, took no time. The high res ones take longer and you need to be very careful that you don't get unnatural looking repetitions of patterns, the eye is very good at noticing them. But very basic.

Take care Scott.<div>00QIxK-59945584.jpg.15e0b84e258a3d4480435e62f9f8e85c.jpg</div>

Thanks Scott.

I agree about the exposure and color. I edit on a laptop and it's a PITA.... lol Too variable. I print really close to what I see and have sent my landscape work to be printed at Miller's Lab with great results.

I noticed a slight "pattern" in the sand where I removed the footprints. I will get that cleaned up. Thanks again for everyone for the advice.

I used the clone Stamp only I think at 18.

Todd

Try lightening the footprints so they are there, but not as noticeable. Ctrl+J to create a new layer from your background layer. Clone out the footprints entirely. Lower the opacity of the new layer till the footprints show up a bit (to your liking).