Kodak Signet 80

Recently bought a Kodak Signet 80 for next to nothing.<br>

Wondering if anyone can explain setting the exposure on this camera better to me than the instruction manual

does? They seem to complicate things more than necessary. The EVS scale also doesn't make a whole lot of sense

either when applied to the way this camera reads light and is supposed to be set.<br>

Mainly I'm confused as to how the reading I get should be transferred to set the shutter speed an aperture on the

camera, which are marked in a confusing way.<br>

Thanks.

Ah, nevermind. I totally just figured it out after pondering it for the past day (at least I think I did).<Br>

Has anyone successfully taken off the top plate to readjust the focusing mechanism inside? Mine's loose and I need to do all my focusing by guessing the distance to subject.

Had both the 50 and 80, I think I had to turn it upside down to find the f stop and speed, were these linked to the EVS so you could rotate through the speeds with the stops changing to maintain the exposure according to the EVS number? I remember the light meter just gave the EVS?

I found the 90mm? for it in Columbus, and the viewfinder had parts that were not well designed.

Modern glues would be the solution if you have a problem I would think.

I did not think them easy to use, but they were my first "adjustable" cameras.