Mother Of Bride Nightmare

kim_berly

LMAO... that is about all have to say to that :) And yes I will carefully be taking the advice here, thank you everyone, and adding more information to my contract, so it is as solid as possible, to give me something firm to stand on in these cases in the future!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Kim...I am dealing with a brides father that I knew would be a problem from day one...I don't think I ever met anyone like him nor do I ever care to again...please update your contract that states you do not guarantee any one shot. I also have in my contract that I don't suggest all group shots to be done on alter and if they chose to do so it is going agains't my advice and I won't be responsible for those shots. Some churches are murder to do group shots . You can bet I will be more selective on whom I want to book, Clients like your brides mom and my brides dad are not worth any amount of money. Don't let brides mom intimidate you. You couldn't please them if you wanted to. Move on and take steps in your contract to cover everything...and I do mean everything! Good luck!

• 1 year later...

<p>This is an older thread, but I'll contribute anyway. It's best before you stop shooting to say, where mothers of brides & grooms can hear, "Is there anything else that anyone would like to request??" That way they can say, 'oh yeah, I wanted Joe with Mary beside Donna on the stairs" or whatever. It covers you; you gave them the chance, and a reminder of anything they had not communicated that will later be your fault!!<br>

There's always "did you get" and that way, you put it in their court.</p>