Ricoh GX200 pricing

I'm interested in trying out the new GX200 but will wait until the pricing comes down. To that end I have a question

that hopefully some of you will be able to answer.

How much was the GX100 when it came out vs. just before the GX200 came out, and how many months did it take

from introduction to the GX100 becoming more-reasonably priced?

Thanks,

ALF

I have the GX-100 and don't plan on getting the newer model.

My impression is that Ricoh caters to such a niche market that you won't see significant price changes before and

after a new model is introduced. There's only two official Ricoh retailers in the US, and I don't think GX-100

prices came down much at all.

Ricoh cameras have a lot of great features, but 'reasonably priced' is not one of them.

I think a big part of the discount of the GX!00 was because of the release GRD2. Many people especially the (snobby) prime lens crowd needed the extra sharpness of the 28 prime. The problem with the GRD2 and the coming GX200 is that their Focus Lock mechanism sucks. I can't tell you how many shots I miss with the GRD2 in the dark (and I use MF mostly) where the GX100 (and GRD) worked. Then again, most people don't shoot in the dark like I do...

There is nothing wrong with it except that the phase detection AF of the GRD/GX100 works better in many low light situations street style. When you just press the shutter (all the way) rather than prefocusing by pressing it half way. It's strange in that I use MF yet it needs to lock to something in order it to clip the shutter. The metering in the GRD2 also lags more than the GX100. Anyway, it probably won't affect you as it does me due to the way I shoot.