Textures on Wedding photos

misti_abner

How many of you use textures on your photos, and do your clients like them?

Normally, mine like the crisp and clear photos for weddings, but I would like to play around with some textures for bands and seniors.

Is there anywhere online that I can get textures packs (for photoshop?)

Thanks!

- Misti

I would never categorize textures as a fad ... they are a creative option imo.

If doing a few images with texture embedded in them fits nicely into your style and the couple enjoys that look then the person using textures is serving a segment of the overall customer base in the wedding arena.

I think the selective coloring is actually making a comeback right now but not in the way it was presented in the past. Selective coloring can be partial or faded or blurred and not so starkly done in eye popping black and white and one little bit of color. There can be multitudes of variations of it.

Just a thought.

Kenzi- Nice Work! Textures are RAD! Use them inmoderation, just like any other photo-enhancing effect, and you should get great results... as mentioned before, its totally fun to get texture shots instead of buying them... buying them is super lazy IMO. (No offense to you texture buyers out there, but textures are everywhere to be found). I did some in Yosemite yesterday during a destination shoot, we'll see if I can work them in... thought it would be an extra cool detail to get textures on location, then use those on a picture or two.

I would definitely show the couple examples of textures first. There are enough people out there that cringe at these types of images. Not a right or wrong thing - just make sure you know your clients. I'm saying this for the newcomer's sake.

From a clients perspective.... I don't think I'd like textures on 'a lot' of images I received from my photographer... But if they showed me an image like above from Kenzi, and suggested... Hey, wouldn't this look completely awesome as a huge canvas?? I would love it.

As mutually agreed upon... To each his own!