eos 1 mark II N strips on picture

amnon_gutman1

hello,

i have a mark II n body for 2.5 years now, a few days ago i started to get vertical strips all over the pictures i take,

sometimes it works fine after the camera is turend off for few hours, sometimes it does not stop. the autharized

canon lab i got the body to be check did not find any problems, has anyone encouterd this kind of problem with the

mark II N?

see image attachment picture

thanks

AG<div>00Q7O3-55697584.JPG.ee8533e3a12f6b5ccc3852f0824bb9b4.JPG</div>

Wow! Never saw anything like that. Show them the pictures and ask them to tell you straight to your

face that there is nothing wrong with the camera!

(They might say that they canメt find anything wrong ヨ but thatメs a completely different storyナ) OTOH intermittent

failures are difficult to diagnose but I'd strongly suspect a micro-crack in one of the boards or the sensor, cold or

loose solder, connection, chip or IC failure or some other thermal issue. They need to run a complete electrical test

on both cold and warmed (after using it for a while) cameraメs electronics.

Michael,

thanks for that, the problem is that it comes and goes.......that is why they could not find anything, now the camera works fine, they cleaned all the inside, saying if it will happen again, i need to come again........not good,

if u have any oder ideas pls let me know

thanks

AG

hi all and thanks for the answers,

i tried to change memory cards....not working, when i shot that image i was not close to any magnetic field, then it stoped, and only after a week or so the problem came back.

when i put it to the lab......the problem vanished once again, so they could not find anything wrong.....

i will have the camera back next week, but i cannot "trust" this body to work as it used to,

any ideas or suggestion?

thanks

AG

It suggests at the least that there is poor contact perhaps in the ribbon cable that feeds the sensor readout to the image processing board. It may be that you will end up needing almost the entire guts of the camera replaced, as happened in this case:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1032&message=25439610

This might explain the reluctance of your local Canon repair facility to deal with it properly. You should perhaps ask them to consult with other repair facilities that may have more experience of the problems. In this case, Canon in NJ took the right action.

Can you see this pattern on the LCD right after you take the picture? If not, I suggest trying a different card reader. While on a road trip last

August, I had to buy a new card reader. I bought a new Sandisk reader (can't remember which one) almost the same as the one I have at

home. Over the course of the week, I had about 10 out of 1000 shots with very strange patterns on them. I wasn't until the last time I

downloaded a card that I tried downloading it again, and the second time, the same frame came out good! So it was the reader corrupting

the file! It's a long shot, but check your reader.

thank you all for the help, as for now the problem vanished, like it happened the first time........am waiting for it to happen again so hopefully i could fix it next time, the lab just cleaned all the inside contacts and did not find any problem......i need to come back when it will happen again,

again if anyone have any ideas or suggestions about it, i will be highly appreciated

AG