SB-900

chris_andro

I've been reading about some of the differences between the Nikon SB-800 and the new SB-900.

My questions, if it's o.k. to ask......

Is the SB-800 compatible with all of the currently available digital bodies including those just announced?

Is the SB-900 compatible with all digital bodies from D70 forward?

What will the price difference be (MSRP or street), between the two, in USD?

When will the SB-900 be available for purchase in the US?

Thanks in advance.

A month or two ago, I was at a PhotoShop training, and B&H had some representatives there offering the SB-800 for $290 as a "show special." That it the lowest price I have seen for the SB-800.

The street price for the SB-900 shouldn't be too much more than the SB-800 or the 900 wouldn't be very competitive, but if you want one early when there will be some shortage, most likely you'll have to pay some inflated prices. At least based on the specs, the 900 doesn't seem to be that much better than the 800, but of course I need to use one before I can tell for sure.

The SB-800 and 900 are both iTTL, Nikon CLS compatible. Therefore, they should be fully compatible with all Nikon DSLRs since the D2H, which was announced in July 2003, all the way to the D700. The D70 was announced in January 2004, after the D2H.

I didnt see apples to apples power comparison, most likely because the zoom units are different and it effects that measurement, but I hoping for a little more power...

If that flash is similarly priced to the Sb-800 I'll try one and compare, but if its really $500 they can keep it!!!