Can a leica colorplan lens fit on a kindermann projector?

i have heard that the cheap kinderman projectors and the plastic leica projectors (pradovit P150)

were made in the same factory. if this is true, then i was wondering if a leica colorplan (or super colorplan)

lens would fit in a kindermann projector?

also, would i see any difference in image quality between a kindermann and a leica P150?

Asim:

About twenty odd years ago, I'd been using a Rollei projector with it's std. Heidosmat 2.8/85mm lens.

A friend invited me around so he could use my projector to view his slides, but he had his own Colorplan lens. I recall, "that" Colorplan worked very well on the Rollei, so well in fact, that for the first time I saw the true sharpness of my slides....you can DEFINATELY see a crisper sharper image with the Colorplan over the cheaper lenses that these cheaper projectors come supplied with. I opted to get myself a Colorplan, but alas, for some reason my new Colorplan fitted the Rollei but would not go deep enough into the body of the projector to give me focus at any size of image over about 24" wide on the screen. I subsequently got myself a non-autofocus Rollei projector and the Colorplan works fine on that.

Rest assured, though, the image quality is definately noticably better with the colorplan, provided it focusses at the desired image size that you'll be wanting on your screen.

It is very likely. Most projectors have the same lens fitting. Even if the two projectors are not made in the same factory, they are both German and thus even more likely to share the same mount. I have used both Leica and Zeiss projectors, as well as Reflecta, and they all had the same lens mount.

Sorry Alex, the Singer Co. hasn't been around for many, many years. They were sold out to another company which made that type projector for many more years and now that line is gone also. I have the Pradovit 300 also and that adapter allows me to use the above Kinderman zoom on it as well if I need a really long lens, otherwise I have a short Schneider zoom for that one in general use(It is made in Carousel mt.)