What programs or software do you use to present portraits or weddings to clients? Preferably with a built in slideshow feature.

t_c16

You may want to give IRFANVIEW a look-see.

a. Its FREE.

b. Its AVAILABLE. at www.irfanview.com

c. It sounds right for the application you mention.

d. It can make self-contained slide-show files with wide range of graphics files and sound clips.

e. Its an easy download and install on just about any Windows box.

I use ACDSee Pro 2 for 95% of my post-production, RAW processing, and presentation work. I use it at receptions to create quick slideshows from the day's photography. I use it to create self-contained .exe slideshow files of sample wedding images for the portfolio on my laptop. Just double-click them, and they run full screen.

The software is only $130, and in my experience, beats Lightroom to heck and back. Post-production tasks and batch processing is so easy and intuitive in ACDSee, and you don't have to "import" a group of photos to work on them, like in LR. You just navigate to the folder, and thumbs are created on the fly, and you work on your files.

Try the free download. www.acdsystems.com

I agree with Steve C. ACDSee as a viewer, slide show creator are great, If you don't need RAW they have a cheaper version also that does non RAW formats. I process in Photoshop but use ACDSee as a viewer, its very fast. Since I shoot RAW using the pro version on the road I can still view my days work. On vacation I usually have the days shots running in slide show mode.

ProSelect Pro. http://www.timeexposure.com

It's so effective that I was able to close enough deals using the trial version to pay for the license.

The other's are fine, too. But if you are in a studio or home office setting in front of a 50" LCD, or at a Starbucks even, ProSelect blows them all out of the water.

I like (and use) Slideshow Pro for web galleries as well.