Lightroom 5.7 Question

<p>I suspect there is a way to do this, but I don't know how.</p>

<p>In the Develop module, the normal cursor is a magnifying glass and if I click on an image, Lightroom will zoom in to a 1:1 view (at least the way I have my copy set up). After that I can select the Spot Removal tool and go around cleaning up dust spots. That's great, but once I finish removing dust spots in the viewable area, I have to turn the Spot Removal tool off and use the little hand cursor to move the viewable area to a different part of the image, and then turn the Spot Removal tool back on. Is there a way to keep the Spot Removal tool turned on, stay zoomed in, and move the viewable area around the image? I hope I asked that in a way that makes sense.</p>

<p>Many thanks.</p>

<p>Cheers,<br />Dave</p>

<p>Hold down the space bar and you'll get a temporary hand cursor.</p>

<p>Occasionally this will trigger an extremely old, still unfixed Lightroom bug (in which case you may have to fall back to your method or, in the worst case, quit and reopen Lightroom), but about 95% of the time it'll work without issue.</p>

<p>You can also use quickly pan around using the overview thumbnail in the left? sidebar.</p>

<p>Use the page down key and it will move the viewable area down one block. In other words, it puts the top of the viewable area right at the bottom of the previous area. When you get to the bottom, hit page down again and it moves to the top of the next colomn over. This lets you work your way through the photo without missing any areas.</p>

<p>Thanks, Andrew. I'll give that a try because I've discovered that using the space bar and then moving around the image with the hand cursor is brutally slow. It really bogs down the processor and the movement hangs up and then jumps around. Almost unusable on my i5 laptop with 16 GB of RAM. Cheers.</p>