Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have Epson 4880 with bundled Colorburst RIP. My OS is Windows Vista

Business. I have tried to install the RIP on my computer (I have the latest version sent from Epson (ver 5.6) but it is

for Epson 4800. I have followed the instructions as detailed on the Epson web site without any luck. I am at a point

where I feel like I need to return the software and request for the extra money paid.

If anybody has any insight into how to get this to work, I will appreciate it.

Thank you

MOK

The URL you provided is only for Mac operating system users, I use Windows business vista and on the web site, there are no updates for Window users. Again, any insight as to how to solve this problem is highly welcome.

Thanks

MOK

Reply:

Mainly to for printing some graphic and text for some brochures, but mostly for fine art photography.

However, after fiddling with the software, I was able to finally get it installed.

Unfortunately, the manual and the installation guide from Colorburst and Epson leaves a lot to be desired....

Thank you all for your responses.

MOK

Mo, you dont need a rip to print graphic and text..you need a rip if you want to print from a postscript software like Illustrator, Indesign or Quark, and even then, exporting your page as PDF will get ride of the rip need.

And for sure you dont need a rip for fine art printing; i do fine art printing and dont use a rip because the newer epson, like yours have already a kind of rip to managed black and white print, and using the rigth ICC profile for color yield to amazing color almost all the time.

As for the documentation, agree that epson didtn give you much, but the colorburst rip is not epson, is colorburst..but between you and me how hard could that be to print with it?

install the rip, in your page setup select it as your printer, print from photoshop using no color management, and in the rip itself select the rigth icc profile for your paper and speed, press the ON button on the top right corner just below the profile selection menu and voila..the same print (with a bit, just a bit more details in the shadow) as print withotu it. not really a chalenge there : )