Cropping for print help?

I shot my first wedding last night as a favor for a friend and will be uploading the shots to Smugmug in case

they want to order prints. Camera used was a Nikon D80, in Raw.

My question is regarding how to properly crop the photos for the VAST variety of print sizes available. Since

not all print sizes are the same proportion... 4x6 is different from 4x7... 8x10 different from 8x12 etc... do I

need to prepare and crop each one of my shots for EVERY different available print size? This seems like a lot

more work than I can do for over 300 shots of a wedding. I currently only have Photoshop Elements. (Yep I know I

need to get full version Photoshop)...

Or is there some standard size that most folks crop to that will work for most sizes? I'm afraid of using a "one

size fits all" approach because I don't know what might end up being cropped off by SmugMug or the person

ordering the prints.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Kim

Kim: First you have to decide what size prints you will offer to your happily married couple. If you are using smugmug then

you will probably let them choose between the 5x7, 8x10 and larger sizes. What I do is to put up an uncropped version then

show them the various crops so that they understand what they will get when they order. I use the native camera

proportions for the pics they can choose from.