Using matte or gloss for commercial portfolios??

I'm building my first commercial book and I decided to invest in the Case Envy, screwpost binding system. Well

that system also includes pre drilled/scored matte paper. I just printed the book and I have to admit, I've

never printed on matte art paper before. The colors are great but the blacks are a bit dull compared to what i'm

used to with glossy paper. The reason I decided to try this paper is because I can print doube-sided.

Is it considered 'normal' to print a professional commercial portfolio on matte paper??

Is there a spray that I can use to add some gloss to the images??

Thanks in advance!

<p>Part of it's the paper -- Entrada is nice for the most part, but it's not exactly revered for its amazing density or shadow

detail.</p>

<p>You could try a glossy print varnish. Breathing Colour's Glamour II comes immediately to mind. If not for the screw

post holes, I'd also say you could try laminating it (<b>not at Kinko's</b>), but I don't know how willing a lab/bureau is to

run punched paper through their machines.</p>

I'd use Moab Lasal (same as old Moab Kayenta) if I was going to laminate. It's two-sided and distinctly whiter than any of the half dozen other highly touted ultra-whites I've seen. It doesn't yellow perceptibly in a year (like the others do), and under a loupe it seems to have better detail resolution than most. Great blacks, too, if you're printing B&W and have control over ink loading as with QTR.

Entrada Natural is a bad bet for portfolio because it's creamy...I'd prefer Entrada Bright White.