Pola Filters and DSLR's III

steve_levine

These are my original shots. Both are taken with a Nikon D50 and a 200MM / F4

Nikkor, set to F8. Exposure and focusing are both done manually. The first shot has a

Nikon circular pola filter, the 2nd shot does not. The distant Mts seem very flat, and at

first I suspected the pola filt. I now am convinced that it is just atmospheric haze.<div>00PoxK-49023684.jpg.e5bc65706741c486d09e48ebc68b18cf.jpg</div>

Off topic a bit, but as I look at these shots it reminds me why I use my polarizer so much- it takes the glare off of vegetation and shows us the rich colors underneath.

I do use my pol for skies and water too, but probably for this purpose the most. I live in a sunny environment, and the polarizer is used in approx 70% of my shots. I shoot almost excusively landscape. I hate glare.

I much prefer the polarized image.

I wonder when I read people saying they never use filters, and that they don't really need a polarizer. If they are landscape people, they really need to try it. It can make a huge difference.

Ron

I agree with Ron. Those who say you don't need pola filters anymore because of CS3 should try removing unwanted reflections in glass with Photoshop.

I don't know if it is my D80's fault but I seem to get more vignetting with my pola filter than I used to in old film days. Is this common ?