Nature near Rockport, Maine; Sept.

gary_anthes

The Workshops campus is basically right on the water. A short walk out your front

door will yield plenty of opportunity, as will the woods and fields around campus.

The staff also knows the area very well and will certainly be able to make some

rec's when you get there.

That said, if you're doing a workshop that requires any shooting, I'd actually suggest

using that time to shoot for the class. Workshops are pretty intense and the more

you put in the more you will get back out.

If you can find a day or two, Baxter State Park is a very popular place in Fall for photographing moose. Google that and check into it. Hoping to get there myself after having a friend tell me about it. He saw moose all over the place. Great place for a camping trip, but also has a town nearby (15 miles) where you could stay in a motel. Check mapquest and get an idea of how far the drive is. I suspect it is a few hours north and west of Rockport/Camden area.

Camden Hills State Park, about 20-30 min. North of Rockport. Go up Rt.1 until you see the sign and you can drive up Mt. Battie. Climb the tower, set up tripod and you have sweeping panoramic views of Penobscott Bay. It faces East so early morning shots are into the sun, but there are stunning views in all directions. Also, Megunticook lake off of Rt. 52 (left after downtown Camden) is incredibly beautiful. For a sunset shot climb Maiden's Cliff. Trail head parking is a few miles down 52. Climb some steep terrain for about 45 min. (1mile). Faces West overlooking the lake which is dotted with islands and surrounded by mountains. One of the best views in the entire state!