Bag Suggestions Needed

jmooney

Hi All,

I have a trip coming up and I'm looking for a bag recommendation. We're traveling by car to North

Carolina. This bag will be "homebase" for my gear with the day's needs going in a smaller bag or

over the shoulder, etc. I'd like a shoulder bag and here's what I have to get in it:

Leica M6 with lens mounted

Nikon D40 with 18-55 mounted

Nikon N80 with 50/1.8 mounted

Nikon 70-300VR

Nikon 24-85G

Nikon SB-600

Charger for D40

10 Rolls of Film

I've been looking online till me head spins so any guidance in appreciated.

Take care,

Jim

Easier to read gear list:

<br>

Leica M6 with lens mounted

<br>

Nikon D40 with 18-55 mounted

<br>

Nikon N80 with 50/1.8 mounted

<br>

Nikon 70-300VR

<br>

Nikon 24-85G

<br>

Nikon SB-600

<br>

Charger for D40

<br>

20 Rolls of Film

I use a pick-up-and-go "homebase" bag that stays packed with all the gear needed for a shoot without having to check that every, cable, charger, battery, filter is accounted for. There is nothing worse than turning up on a job and finding for example that an essential flash synch cord has been forgotten.

The bag I use is the LowePro Commercial AW. I'm pretty sure it is the largest shoulder bag made but no one says that you have to carry it full to the top while actually on location. And it has the nicest shoulder strap.

You might want to check out the Domke F-2 bag. It's half the price of the Lowe Pro.

I can fit 3 Nikon F3HP bodies (one with motor drive attached), 8 assorted primes from 20mm to 180mm, plus 20 rolls of film, assorted film and focusing screens, and instruction manuals in an F-2.

Thanks for the suggestions...sorry I didn't give better details. This will be a homebase

kind of bag. Just to transport everything and store it safely. I'll take what I need for

the day or event and put it in a smaller bag or just sling it over my shoulder.