rb67 150mm SF samples

golden

i posted a thread a day or two ago concerning this len, wanting to know how to

use it, someone gave me a link for a pdf file, really cool lens, i had read that

some folks had trouble focusing it, according to the manual, to focus you have to

stop down to f8, anyway here are some samples, taken around my yard with the

#1 disk wide open<div>00PjjO-47401684.jpg.3dbbe3a3b9cf2280ec161c9464581c37.jpg</div>

i have the 180 also but its not soft focus, ive shot the 180 at 5.6, and its still very good. the 150 wide open without disks is too soft in my opinion, with the disks it gives a soft glow, stopped down from f8 on seems very sharp. I like this lens.

Have you had a chance to use the 150mm on people yet with the soft glow? That would probably be my main reason for using it. The 180mm seems like a really great deal for the price and quality.

hi jason, my son and I went up to a cemetary and i thought i would take a picture of him to see how the sf would work, i didnt have my flash with me so his face is sort of dark, but you can see the effect, this is using disk #3<div>00PkWw-47649584.thumb.jpg.325fc5abaaee4a224ad9db7796d7fedf.jpg</div>

I do like the effect of that, but it looks like it could take a lot of practice to get it consistenly the way you want. I should probably get my priorities straight and first learn to develop my own film and get a scanner. Then try new lenses. I can get my film processed for pretty cheap at my local lab, but the scanning part gets expensive. I'm definitely going to keep this lens in mind.

i shoot mostly B&W except in spring and fall then i shoot slides, i have a darkroom where i do my printing, i m wondering how difficult it would be to print a negative that is soft? as far as the lens goes its really not that difficult, you have to stop the lens down to f8 to focus it, the stop down lever locks in place, get the subject focused then release the stop down lever, what you see is what you get, so you can see the softness after you release the lever, then you move your aperature to f4 (this is where i learned that slow film is a must) even with slow film in sunlight at f4 my shutter was around 125 to 250, well good luck with your choices, nice chatting with you