Level B2 repair 70-200 2.8

mksnowhite

Almost a month ago my af on my 70-200 would just stop in the middle of a shoot.

Ive had this lens over 3 years and sometimes it would just act up...I just always

had lots of oof images but figured it was me. manual focus was fine, but my

eyes...not so good. So it finally pretty much died, sent it in. It was gone almost a

month for parts. Just got it back, did a test shoot with it and all I can say is wow

I've been shooting with a broken lens for three years. Can't believe the sharpness

and ease of focus. Anyone else have this problem with this lens? Do you know

what a "level B2" repair is? Thanks

If your lens is a Nikon USA model, it should have a 5-year warranty for manufacturing defects. The 70-200 was introduced back in 2003. Unless yours is a really really early sample, it should be under warranty.

The problem is that you probably should have brought that up to Nikon much earlier if this lens indeed came with such problem.

I had the exact same issue with my lens. Nikon fixed it under warranty even though I was not the original owner, which I really appreciated. The 70-200mm is my favorite Nikon lens. Glad yours is working properly now.

Shun the warrenty did cover the repair 100% I did think there was something wrong at first....it would make a clunking noise when focusing, I think I even posted abut it here some years ago. But it never got bad enough in the focusing until this year..and it was so intermittent. I bought the lens in 05, trading up frm an 80-200 non afs lens.