Wedding Formals SB800's - Lighitng advice needed

roberthanson

"...otherwise to anyone who may have read this thread you will just be another faceless guy who is willing to

criticise others, without having anything to back it up."

I wasn't criticizing. I cut it down. Prior to my arrival, Russ was arrogantly talking bigger than his results

showed. On top of that, he needlessly continued and stood there in the empty school yard like a bully yelling

"Edward, So still no examples of "better"

lighting for formals? I guess you are all talk and nothing else."

A class act.

I don't need a link to a site to hold any

sort of validation

from those that feel it's necessary. As I said earlier, I'm just here to offer advice and input where I can. If

certain types of people wish to dismiss my words because of a lack of a link, that's their choice and bothers me

none. The

ones that say "thank you" is the ones I'm here for. You're more than welcome to cruise through previous posting

history to see this. If it's important to you, as you ask for a link, you'll perhaps come to the conclusion that

I'm not green. More importantly, you'll notice, this

thread, and my tone in it, isn't the norm for me and was big enough to apologize for it. I wish not to cause the

selfless

moderators any

more work than needed.

Keep in mind too, that Robert (remember him?) soon posted a thread with his insight from experience and he as

well sided with studio lights and found the same short comings in Russ's quick and easy route that others point

out here. Further down in that second thread by Robert, Nadine states;

"For the future, you might want to try out a technique I read about in an old Jack Curtis book on photographing

weddings. Use one, 13 foot light stand with one, powerful flash (modified or not), but placed fairly far back

(for more even gradation over distance). Place it as high as possible, angled down, but pointing at the

background, and so the feathered portion of the light is what lights the people. The idea is to push as much

light as possible to the background while the people are lit with the less powerful and softer feathered edge."

Sounds a little like Edwards advice here, doesn't it?

"Edward initially gave reasons why it couldnt and shouldnt be done and then kicked things off with:"

I don't believe so, David. The post you site, directly above it, Russ "kicked it off" as you put it.

"It is obvious that Edward has little or no experience with the Nikon D3 or..."

"You then joined in and, I will say again you have quite an aggressive way of wording things."

I realized this and apologized. Before you even needed to mention it the first time.

But wait, then I start reading another interesting thread over in Nikon land and suddenly read;

Russ Konrad [Frequent poster] , Jun 19, 2008; 09:16 a.m. "Wow! I guess that I am not as "perfect" as Gary! And

unless you are as "perfect" as Gary..."

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00PrgI

The thread was doing fine. Until Russ childishly gets bent out shape, again, from words from a stranger that does

things

a little differently than himself. This thread, that thread, sarcastically yelling with caps lock, seems to be a

pattern of Russ's.

A more humble person would be curious from Edwards words for the gain of improving their photography.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<b>"...I don't need a link to a site to hold any sort of validation from those that feel it's necessary...."</b>

<p>

Or someone who has no website for us to view.

<p>

Pretty sad that some people try to tell everyone else what is "best" and have no examples of their own to show.

<p>

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic!