4/3 Mount... Noobie questions

kane_hsieh

I just got an E420 + 25mm kit (jumped ship from Nikon), and I was playing around

with it.

There seems to be some resistance to twist the lens into the mount. The

resistance is consistent throughout the turn, but it just feels tougher than

other mounts I've used.

Is this usual? I don't want to freak out unnecessarily.

Thanks!

Metal mount.

I had a play with a 25/2.8 a mate was reviewing for a magazine article and noticed the same thing (on my E-510). I do think it's stiffer than my other lenses but I think it's compounded somewhat by the fact that there isn't much to hold onto with this tiny lens.

...Wayne

I've found the same with almost every lens on my E1, E500 and E510 bodies, including the OM adapter, so I'd assume it's normal. It does seem quite tight especially with smaller lenses; the OM 50 can be slightly tricky to get on. It could be down to Olympus's approach to dust sealing? However, I must admit I kind of appreciate things which fit 'properly' like this. I always found that the fit on my 20D was a bit sloppy. Certain lenses could actually be shaken slightly on the mount, which does not inspire confidence much!

The ZD 25/2.8 was tighter to fit and with a slight roughness at first onto my E-1 and

L1 bodies. After four weeks use, and normal lens changes, it still feels a mite snug,

but very smooth like all my other lenses.

I'm liking this lens a lot. It is a very good performer and makes for a very handy

camera/lens combination in size and weight.

Godfrey