Looking for an alternative proof box

ubejammin

I currently use the Portofino photo boxes (from The Container Store) for delivery of

printed proofs. I placed an order early last month knowing the boxes were on

backorder (this isn't uncommon). I called today to check the status and these

boxes are on backorder until early-mid July. Of course, I have 2 weddings that

want printed proofs and I'll need proof boxes in the next 1-2 weeks. So, now I'm

looking for alternatives until my order is filled. Can anyone recommend an

alternative photo presentation box for proofs? I'm hoping for something similar to

what I'm currently using. Thanks for your help.

Try your local craft store. I picked up some REALLY nice wooden boxes with brass hinges and clasp. I linde the sides with stickey back velvet paper, stained the wood a nice oak, put it all together and the brides love it. They were on clearance and I bought everytihg that the 4 local stores has a 1.00 ea. The will hold up to 500 4X6 prints.

Hi Andrea- Cypress proof boxes are great, but they are spendy. I stopped using them after I got my first one back and it closed with a velcro patch, but I do know they have switched to a magnetic closure instead. They do have great customer service.

Currently I use http://www.dnlphoto.com Their keepsake proof box is really great, and very reasonably priced. The only thing I don't like is you have to order everything by phone. I love being able to just order things online, but oh well. Hope you find something you are happy with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...