Triangle Split Rings

rwbowman

I bought some Hama triangle split rings to attach a strap to the lugs of my New F1, but they are of

lesser quality and not as robust as those that Canon used to supply.

Anyone know of a source for these?

Thanks.

Robert I doubt these were ever available separate. A suggestion would be check your local phone book for camera repair and see it they would have any hanging off a parts camera. You could also try (if you can find one an older brick and mortar camera shop many had junk drawers with stuff like these.

BocaPhoto.com has them when they have them in stock. Strong, sturdy and very similar to oem triangular split rings. I have several sets on back order. They match the one's that come with my Nikon's but also work well with Canon and other bodies.

The originals with plastic guards are rare. I was lucky to find a few sets a few years ago.

Pix shows both sides of what the originals looked like. Plain triangular ones can be found

at camera shows or in junk drawers at old camera stores. Pentax & Nikon also used

triangle rings.

There were three different triangle rings used by Canon.

The F-1 user larger equilateral triangle rings. Early A-series used smaller (also equliateral) triangle rings and the later A- series used plastic covered triangles that were taller and thinner. Your best bet is a parts camera, especially if you want the larger "F-1" rings. Non OEM rings just don't look right on an F-1 IMHO.