Mother/son shots

I am just looking for some critiques on my style. One note, I shoot film and scan

the prints. I don't have a decent negative scanner, so I am out of luck there. So in

typical mini-lab style they sliced off the perimiter 5% of the negative when doing

the print (I HATE that, why the hell do they have to do that), so the first picture you

can actually see the edge of the babys head instead of it being slightly cut off.

*sigh*, one of these days I am going to get a good negative scanner.

Anyway, any input is appreciated.

Thanks.<div>00PeCW-46139584.jpg.5e3a4d2b968297d81619c8d87ca0550c.jpg</div>

I like your style. Both of these photos are strong, to me, because even though they are mellow and have straightforward composition and lighting, all of the elements are congruent and headed to the same place, so it's cohesive and direct.

I really like both of these. It tells more of a story in their relationship than the usual disembodied hands holding a baby. Your lighting is really good, I like how the baby is both brighter and sharper, it adds more depth than just one or the other. Mom's expression is fine to me.

I also like how you are exploiting the genasaqua that film yields, so your other choices are compatible and enhanced by it.

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion, The second one is better, Contrast and composition are nice<BR>

and the crop edge on the left side of pic.<BR>

About first shot, I think it needs a bit more space on left side<BR>

and crop edge on right side is not on right way.<BR>

1. crop child's hand<BR>

2. add child's hand completely in frame<BR>

Best regards