Elements 5.0 Maximum Performance

I just got Mark Galer's book/dvd "Elements 5.0 Maximum Performance" I am

trying to copy the actions from the dvd into my PS elements 5.0 program. It calls

for moving the files to Cdrive/documents settings/all users/ application data/

adobe/photoshop elements/photocreation/style. One problem...there is no "app

data" folder on my computer. I have tried reinstalling elements and there is still no

folder...no photocreation or style folder either. Does anyone know where actions

are supposed to go? Are they just plug-ins? If so...where do they go in the plug ins

folder? Thanks in advance!

Tiffany;

Which OS is installed on your computer?

The location for these files is tied to your OS. It looks like the instructions from the book are for Windows XP. If you are running Vista, you will want to use C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\5.0\Photo Creations

I hope this helps.

Vernon

Tiffany;

If I remember correctly, XP keeps those files under the C:\Windows directory.

I'm using my Vista based laptop now. When I get a chance, I'll fire up my desktop (a Windows XP system) and find out where the files are kept.

I'll try to post the information later tonight, but I may not get the chance before tomorrow evening.

Vernon

Thank you Vernon. I have also tried a folder search of the C drive for "photocreations" and "application data". I am getting nothing. While I am on the subject though...I found a draganizing application that did not come with instructions. It is just a zip file off of www.atncentral.com/download.htm. Any ideas where THAT might go ?

Thanks again for your attention.

Tiffany;

I'm on my desktop now and here is what I found.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\5.0\Photo Creations\

If you accepted the default installation when you installed PSE 5 you should have something similar. Keep in mind that there are spaces between the words in parts of the path, you will need them if you do a search.

If you search for photocreations instead of Photo Creations, the search will not find anything.

Let me know if this helps.

Vernon

Tiffany;

You asked;

"While I am on the subject though...I found a draganizing application that did not come with instructions. It is just a zip file off of www.atncentral.com/download.htm. Any ideas where THAT might go ?"

I suspect that you will find that there is an install program contained in that zip file. If you extract the contents and run the install, every thing should be placed where it needs to go.

By the way, I should have mentioned that the folder we were discussing would be a hidden folder. Sorry about that.

Vernon