Nikon FE2 again......

skip_converse

Another question about the Nikon FE2 and the Nikon SB 800: I now I can safely

set the aperture to any setting; however, do I set the shutter to 250? Or just any

speed?

I just ran a couple 12 exposure rolls through this baby. What a delight to own a

cosmetically and functionally perfect FE2.

Warm regards,

Glen Converse

What's more according to my instruction book with a Nikon flash you can set speeds faster than 1/250 on manual and the speed will be automatically reduced to 1/250 when the ready light comes on, preventing uneven exposure. Isn't it a nice camera? All the really useful features without too many gimmicks. Shame I find it difficult to see the whole frame with glasses - the only thing I can fault it on!

"""Shame I find it difficult to see the whole frame with glasses"""----- Richard Driscoll

IMHO, this was the single failure in the entire FM / FE line. The viewfinders sucked to put it mildly. Nikon and the other camera makers were all caught off guard by the intoduction of the tiny OM series from Olympus.

So they all scurried off to make mini SLR's. And they all neglected the most important thing that made the OM's great. They were were designed around a superb VF.

One's eye needn't wander up ,down and side to side to see the frame as with an FM / FE VF.

Most of the auto exposure Nikon cameras have the default to 1/250th if they detect a flash and a faster SS setting.