My First Retouch ever

The 'Healing Brush' works by grabbing texture from <i>outside</i> the defined circle, which may be why you have some rather odd artifacts along the nose shadow and chin shadow. Too much reliance on the healing brush will leave tracks, too, which I see in her cheek. If you cloned those marks in, then shame on you. Try turning the opacity down to 25% or less and sneak up on the correct look. You need to take more care around the eyes, too: you've trimmed off some of her eyelashes.<p>

About the color: I suppose you want it to look like a selenium toner job, but it makes your model look, well, like a dead fish. <p>And I know you were probably trying to make her look thinner and define her cheekbones, but now she looks like she needs a shave.<p>You did a nice job with her teeth, just add back the highlight - I was taught that teeth should look shiny.

I have never done this before... I have actualy been reading about it and trying to learn for the last 3 weeks only... By what you said it looked awful even though it was my first work ever trying to retouch a picture... But thank you very much for all the pointers...

Nivaldo,

Looks pretty good for a first try. How long did it take? I use an excellent

retouch software program called Portrait Professional. In this program

you can obtain excellent results in a very short time. I think they

have a trial download. I am not in any way connected to this company but

I am amazed at what you can accomplish with it in a short 10 minutes.

Gerry

Retouching is not that easy and takes time to learn to do well. The program mentioned above is windows only, but if you want to learn how to do it manually, here's a good tutorial to start.

http://www.duggmirror.com/design/How_to_Airbrush_your_photos_in_Photoshop_/

You might want to print it out for reference. I don't do everything this guy does, some people think the skin gets too smooth. But you can define your own parameters.

nivaldo i'll suggest the same thing that was suggested to me..

two books...

Skin, by Lee Varis: ISBN 9780470047330

and

"Photoshop Restoration and Retouching" by Katrin Eismann

like you, i am very new to photoshop. after buying these books, my retouching has

improved dramatically in less than a weeks time...online tutorials are okay if you want okay

results, but i'm now a believer that it takes a little more understanding of what you're trying

to accomplish and what tools you have at your disposal in photoshop to get really good or

even great results.