KW PILOT SUPER meets the youth of the 21st century!

<blockquote style="margin:15px 60px; font-style:italic;">But once you start upgrading your camera I think it might be wise to do both ;-)

</blockquote><p>

Feel free to contact me if you want to give it a try, but as I said, I will make things worse if I start tinkering with any camera.

<br> 

<blockquote style="margin:15px 60px; font-style:italic;">I've shown people small DOF shots before and gotten genuinely astonished responses - just one more thing in film's favour, I guess

</blockquote><p>

Not <b><a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=783085">necessarily</a></b>.

<br> 

<blockquote style="margin:15px 60px; font-style:italic;">I think I'll invest in one of these cameras as well one of these days.</blockquote><p>

Yes, that's the drawbacks of posts like these -- the camera will get more expensive on the used market and it will be more costly for me to get another one. Oh how I wish my Pilot Super would work flawlessly!

Excellent series! and all 8 out of 8 are just great - congratulations! I feel I'm successful when I get 2 decent frames out of twelve. By rthe way, my Pilot has a problem with times longer than 1/100 sec. - the shutter/mirror doesn't return completely leaving a more or less "deadly" light leak until I move the rewind knob to and fro several times... Anyway, I tend to use the shortest times only. I'm the lucky one - I have the 7.5cm/2.9 Pilotar, still the finder is VERY dim. Again - thanks for more great shots from a great camera!

• 5 months later...
Update: The shutter curtain issue (blank frames) was caused by gummed up lubricant in the shutter. I managed to open the camera and <abbr style="border-bottom: 1px dashed blue;" title="clean, lube, adjust">CLA</abbr> the affected parts -- now my camera works great! See <a href="http://www.photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00RFJM"><b>this thread</a></b> for details and pictures

• 7 months later...

<p>I'm feeling rather jealous at the moment, as your Pilot is working great, and my shutter isn't working properly. The shutter will function after pressing the button, but it will just go up with the mirror (in other words, it won't expose the film). How do you take the camera apart to get to the workings of the shutter? And, what adjustments are there inside that would enable the shutter to function properly? Or, is it just a case of it needing a good lube?<br>

Many thanks!</p>

<p>Update on my Pilot: After having made my last post, I did a bit of digging and found your photos of the right side of the camera taken apart. Like yours, mine had some sticky dark lube that seemed to be hosing everything up. I cleaned it up, and it now works!<br>

I do have a question though: that lever that moves with the shutter along that long curved lower channel - it has a hole at the end, and your photo shows it pushing against the pin. Should that pin not fit into that hole, as opposed to the arm pushing against it? I'm assuming that the hole is there for the pin, otherwise why would it be there?</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Vincent, it's great that my <strong><a href="../classic-cameras-forum/00RFJM">repair guide</a></strong> helped you making your camera functional again! Fortunately, the Pilot Super is pretty easy to work on and tinker-friendly. And the shutter is quite fool-proof, so clearing up this gummed-up lubricant issue is no big deal.</p>

<blockquote>that lever that moves with the shutter along that long curved lower channel - it has a hole at the end, and your photo shows it pushing against the pin.</blockquote>

<p>No, it the pin is inside the small hole.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
<p>Nice thread, I picked it up from Kayla asking about vintage images. I have a First Six folder post war but no coating and about the same quality as the Pilot's lens. It has been fun and you have inspired me to take some portraits. I think I'll have to get a string to use for focus as it does not have a RF.</p>