Best places to buy flash or other equipment?

tammy__

I'm browsing for online dealers to buy a canon flash 580, but I'm wondering if there

are any recommended places for quality and good return policies, not to mention

the places to stay away from...

Thanks!

bhphotovideo.com is my absolute favorite-they ship very quickly, and usually have the lowest reputable price out there.

I haven't had much luck with Adorama (I ordered 8 items, 6 were backordered (they don't tell you they don't have the item in stock until after you've given them your credit card info), 6 weeks later I still didn't have everything I had ordered), would avoid Ritz, and pretty much any shop out of Brooklyn. The old adage 'if it's too good to be true, it probably is' is very true here.

www.bhphotovideo.com really has become the de facto national supply house. No offense to other on line dealers and local stores but B&H has everything, has it in stock (if anybody does), has it at the best price, has the best customer service, has the best web site and ships the quickest. I rarely buy anything photographic anywhere else.

So far, I found a the 580 canon flash on amazon to be the best deal compared to b&h, and west photo in mpls, plus it has 30 day return policy (if its from the Amazon store), no taxes, no shipping. Any comments on Amazon?