Coolscan 9000 vista driver ?

already searched on this site and read about nikonscan not istalling

i certainly cant get it to install but having said that I dont want to use nikon

scan

but what i do need is a proper driver for the 9000

cant find one on nikons website

can anyone help ?

i can scan in vuescan at the moment but cannot calibrate or profile because I

think vista is uing some default firewire driver

Microsoft has Vista all locked up for security purposes. All Nikon has to do is make a compatable driver and submit it to MS for approval. Something they are unwilling to spend resources on.

If everyone took this attitude, MS would change their attitude. Who wants to recode all the programs just because MS wants to flip OS every few years.

I went to an alturnative computer brand for precisely this reason plus a lot of others.

XP "Downgrades" are generally available, although most of us would not consider Vista an "upgrade". In the worst case, simply Install XP (on a formatted drive if necessary) and re-install your software. It's a good opportunity to omit the useless bundled software at the same time.

I got my copy of Nikon Scan (4) to run on vista by copying the files from the cd to the hard drive and, and running install from there, rather than waiting for vista to recognise the cd. Maybe this would work until you get another driver?

• 1 year later...