Backdrop DIY

sarah_r.

Hi Sarah, Just a few thoughts... I guess that's a good idea for some studios but

those sure were some awful colors! ;-)

If that backdrop isn't available commercially it doesn't look like it would be too

difficult to build something similar using 3 different colored pieces of cloth of some

kind - even muslin might work, stretched taught between a makeshift frame. You

might get away with using PVC pipe for that.

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see how a similar effect couldn't be achieved

using colored, seamless paper, or again, muslin. Or even painting sections of a wall

different colors. I guess it's just a style thing and this would work well for some

better than others.

I think the tutorial was really good for beginners and I agree that filling the frame is

important. The thing is, once you do that, the backdrop becomes almost

meaningless and almost anything will do. ;-) Good luck!

Sorry, looks like i need to clarify my question. I think the colors are awful too. I have some fabric from local stores. I am now looking for a tidy, efficient way to hang these backdrops within some kind of plastic piping system, whereby I can change out the materials from time to time. If anyone has ever made a system like this, I would be interested in hearing about it. Thanks again.

I was thinking of trying this approach. If you're able, you could mount brackets to the ceiling, and hang a curtain rod (plastic pipe, etc) from the brackets. then you just roll your fabric over the rod down to the floor.<br>

And then if you want to get fancy I suppose you could have a rod for each fabric, and use brackets that will allow you to remove/replace the rod. Everything would roll up nicely onto it's own rod for storage though that would take up a lot of space.<br>

Just an idea.