Confessions of a LBA (Lens Buying Addict) Long Post.

apetty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Man! This post (and many of the responses) hit me square in the gut. I've learned that the glass is always more critical to quality than the camera, so yes, I travel the dark path of LBAA as well.

That said, I have found a point where I use three lenses for 95% of my shooting. However, it sure is nice to have something 'special' on hand when you need it!

Happy hunting, and yeah, sell any dust collectors on ebay. Sometimes the buyers drive prices very close to original retail on the "L" glass.

Turn back, my son, while there is still time, for, lo, the forces of evil are lurking everywhere about you on the path that you are starting to travel.

Buy a point-and-shoot and be happy. You must walk away from Sodom and Gomorrah now and never look back, for, if you do look back, you will turn into a pillar of glass.

--Lannie Kelly, Hypocrite

• 7 months later...

<p>Pfft Landrum</p>

<p>I just bought a new cell (replacing my pda which did not have a camera! Sacrelidge!). I analysed and analysed.. then noticed it had a 5mp sensor autofocus zoom lens and.. well... Now what i want is a small 5mp camera that will fit on my keychain and im covered! Well.. i could use a bluetooth flash for my cellphone ..</p>