Interlaken, Switzerland - What to shoot?

mendonphoto

Interlaken itself is dull. Assuming you have no time to get up the valleys in a car/train, I'd try the shore of Lake Brienz at the suburb of Bonigen. Indeed I have several times found myself driving down the mountain from Grindelwald to photograph here at or just after dawn.<div>00PLyc-43248784.jpg.bc625f0244dbf52189fbb05dea83d719.jpg</div>

Take the BOB (Berner Oberland bahnen) train from Interlaken and head off up towards the Jungfrau. I suggest stopping either at Wildersvil and going up to Schynige Platte or continuing up to Lauterbrunnen then on up to Murren, Grindelwald, Mannlichen etc. My favourite walk in that area is the gentle 6 miles from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg. Absolutely magnificent!<div>00PM95-43251684.jpg.224084821c629bc6a61f8f731564dd52.jpg</div>

Aaron, having had a chance to remember what we did I suggest the following day trip whioh will take in most of the sights in as short a time as possible :

Leave Interlaken Ost train station take the Jungraubahnen which has to be one of the world's most amazing narrow gauge mountain rack railway systems. From Interlaken Ost go to Wengen changing at Lauterbrunnen. Then walk through Wegen to the Cable Car up to Mannlichen. Then walk the 6 miles down the gentle pathway to Kieine Scheidegg. (We saw people in wheelchairs doing it so it is not difficult).

However check the weather here as this path is at 6000 feet. If the weather is unsuitable go direct to Kleine Scheidegg.

Once at Kleine Scheidegg you have a choice of going up to the Jungfraujoch at 12000 ft (expensive but amazing) oryou can omit that. From Kleiene Scxheidegg catch the train down toGrindelwald. (The picture above was taken from the train from Grindelwald into Lauterbrunnen. You may be able to stop off near here or do what I did and shoot from the open train window. You may want to stop moff at some of the little stations to take shots on the way.

Another great vantage point is Schynige Platte (Interlaken Ost to Wildersvil rthen change to the Schynige Platte train.) where ther ais a Panoramaweg (Pamorama way) giving spectacular views over the Lauterbrunnen valley.

All the photos in my Switzerland folder in my portfolio are taken from one or the other of these trips

Have a great trip!