Dear Friends,

I just got my new 5D.

I wanted to install the softwares included in the cd, but the driver of my

laptop seems not work.

I therefore downloaded from the Canon website Digital Photo Professional 3.2

but the software does not recognize the files in the camera. If I click on the

folder where the files should be (namely my computer\Canon Eos 5D) the folder

seems to be empty.

I have no clue why this software does not read raw files.

Can you please help me? Is there some other Canon's softwares I have to install?

THX a lot (and apologies if my question is stupid but I am not very expert with

computers).

PS. I still have installed in my PC all the software which have been provided

with my old 300D. Is there any conflict between the softwares?

I never download from the camera anymore unless I am shooting in tethered operation. Use a card reader.

You can always try uninstalling all existing drivers and then install all new ones from the Canon website.

First get the images off the card.

I'm not sure what your problem is, exactly, perhaps you could clarify...

1. You CANNOT see the Cr2 RAW files in order to copy them to your computer in the first place. If this is the case get a card reader and use that. You will generally not be able to see CR2 files over the USB connection to your camera.

or

2. You CAN copy the RAW files to your computer, but are having problems OPENING them. This would simply be a software version issue. It's possible that the software you are using to open the files was released before the release of the 5D. You should be able to get updated software from the authors site. I think the software you mention should be okay so probably your solution is in (1) above.

Alberto, You can not see the pictures in your camera with DPP. If you want to use the software that came with your camera you must first copy the files from the camera to your computor with the EOS Utility. What should happen is on a PC is, turn off the camera. plug the supplied USB cable into your camera and into your computor. Turn on the camera. Your computor should instantly see that your have a new device attached. Within a few seconds the EOS utility should auto start. You can now select the destination folder and simply let it copy all of the pictures from the camera to the folder. Now you can view and edit them with DPP. Be sure that in the 5d Menu Communication system is set to pc connect.

good luck

D

You need to get the software of the CD with the camera, it has the EOS utility to download

from the camera or the card reader (and check the preferences for location and filennaming).

You can get the software from Canon's Website but you need the suite of packages which

comes with the CD.