LTM Adapter for 5cm/3.5 Elmar infinity lock block

Hi,

I got a LTM 28-50 adapter so I can use my 5cm/3.5 Elmar with my M3, but when I

put the adapter on the camera, the infinity lock lines up with the bayonet mount

locking button, effectively blocking the infinity focus on the lens. Has this

ever happened to anybody else? Did I just get a dud adapter? Is there a correct

adapter for the 5cm/3.5 Elmar that is not the IRZOO 14097?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am eager to (finally) be able to use

the lens.

further thought, the adapter is supposed to stay on the lens and the infinity lock does not rotate past the bayonet release when mounting and dismounting lenses.

To remove the adapter from the lens, push the bayonet release and rotate the lens to the stop, but do not remove it from the body. Continue to rotate the lens.

There is nothing wrong with your adapter.

When screwing the lens into the adapter, if the adapter is on the body, then you need to focus the lens to a closer distance to get clearance.

Thanks so much for all of your responses so early on a Saturday morning. The adapter is indeed a copy, and looks identical to the Leica original. I think it must be threaded incorrectly for the Elmar lens because whether I mount the lens on or off the camera, the infinity lock is blocked. I guess I have learned my lesson about buying knock-offs, yes?<div>00PHzY-43129284.JPG.d8ce5892a394f5f46c3cc8120ad7e016.JPG</div>

Andrew

Take a round needle file (Swiss file) and file a little half-moon notch in the flange of the adapter.

Also, Mr. Wright is wrong. The notch that he shows, ends up at the 12 o'clock position. Extra points will be given by Herr Lehrer for those who can tell us what that notch is really for!

If you try one of these adaptors on an early type Elmar you find what the cut-out is for and Mr Wright is right. But the tab can still hit the bayonet-lock if its a bad adaptor - or an early Elmar.

Had a brainwave and tryed the dud adaptor on the early Elmar and it damned near worked in bringing the infinity lock down to the 7 0-clock position - not quite, but an improvement.

Noo, Adrian. No Early Elmars had an infinity lock at the 12 o'clock position. 11-yes, 12-no. I have one of the earliest post "hockey stick"

Elmars.

Can any of you remember when Leitz made a lens cap which had lugs to act as a spanner to remove an adapter that was applied too tightly?

• 2 weeks later...