Non-OEM Batteries

deaner66

I've been using the none OEM NP400's for several years now, 1st with my Minolta A2 and

now with my K10D. They have pretty much been all over the world under extreme conditions

without any problems. Last trip was to the Antarctic and they really surprised me doing well

at 26 degrees F.

Other than the battery that comes with the camera, with any camera I have ever owned I always buy the knock-off replacements.

I have yet to have a meltdown, and at $50 a pop, considering I have at least 10 replacement batteries for various cameras laying around, I am far better off risking a meltdown in terms of long term savings.

Anyway, no issues with the K10D. Or the Kodak, Panasonic, Canon, Sony (camcorders), Dell Pocket PC, laptop, Nikon, or anything else that i have had to buy a lithium battery for.

Hi

I use a cheap chinese knock off in my grip. Got on the bay for 5$. It looks and feels identical to the original and I have had no problems whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if they are made at the same factory actually. As a bonus it is more powerful at 1800 mwh.

Cheers

Fredrik

Steve, I got mine on eBay for literally $8 shipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-LI50-NP-400-Battery-for-Pentax-K10D-K10-Digital-SLR_W0QQitemZ180234612867QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50509QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It claims to be 1800 mAh, and lasts about as long as the OEM battery. Works fine, and the plastic case appears to have been made on the same tooling as the OEM battery, since every little tiny indentation matches up perfectly. Don't know about the LiIon cell internals, but it works just fine.

I've been using eight NP400 batteries in my K10D, which were left over from<br>my Minolta DiMage A1, and so far have had no problems what-so-ever.<p>

They're rated at 1500 mHa, so that you might not be able take as many images<br> as you can with the Pentax DL150 batteries rated at 1620 mHa,<br> tho I've noticed no discernible difference between the two.<p>

My only concern would be with the recharging units, and whether or not<br> the NP400's could be safely recharged with Pentax's charger.<p>

Cheers!