where? Good 2nd hand Leica Shop in Paris

Huys,

I will go to Paris next week for a 10 days vacation.

I want to go to some good 2nd hand Leica shop there, to have a look :) if cheap,

buy a lens :)

And one can let me know the shop name? street? district?

Thank you very much!!

Jinbo

The Leica dealer-- nice guy-- is on Beaumarchais near the Chemin Vert metro, on east side of the street. Winfried is right--No bargains. The owner is very knowledgeable, and when my MP broke down in Paris last year he was very helpful in setting up a repair with the authorized repair service near Place D'Italie. He also has a big selection of Medium and Large Format gear as well as Leica.

If you are visiting Paris for more than a few days you should get a "permanent ticket" for the subway. There are several offers for tourists, however you go much cheaper by buying a "carte orange" plus a weekly tickets. The only difference is that for the latter you need a passport picture, and you cannot transfer it to other people. You will also need a waterproof felt tip pen to sign it.

There is also a camera museum near Paris, at Bievres, a small (and surprisingly rural) town south-east of Paris (direction Versailles). You can reach it with the RER local trains going to Versailles (you have to pay extra if you have a ticket for the Paris area only). It's maybe half an hours walk from the Bievres station to the museum but it's worth it. A quick search yielded this result:

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/france_159/discovering-france_2005/france-from-to-z_1978/culture_1979/museums_4412/museum-on-the-french-photographic-heritage_6833.html

http://www.photographie.essonne.fr/ (in french only)

There is also a giant open-air camera swap at Bievres on May 31 and June 1.

Hi Winfried!

I will stay in Paris for 2 weeks! so i will buy that ticket!

If my wife give me permission, I will spend half day to that place you mentioned:)

BTW, if you see a guy with a nice M2+352A silver, carrying a Billingham bag, and take out a Leica CM sometimes, that's me B-)

Altogether I have spent several months of my live in Paris, but I am not a Paris citizen - and will not be in Paris when you will be there, I will be there for a short journey on May 31 or June 1 when the camera swap at Bievres is held.

Anyhow, I wish you a very nice journey to Paris. If you do not want to hear any complaints from your wife that you spent too much time in camera shops and museums, leave her off at "Galeries Lafayette" department store, she probably will have a pleasant time there ... provided you give her one or two of your credit cards.