INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGULA SPRINT

ANYONE HAVE A SOURCE FOR USE OF A REGULA SPRINT.I HAVE SEEN BEFORE THAT THIS

CAMERA IS SIMILAR TO A KALIMAR A. I FIND NO PLACE FOR BATTERIES, NO TYPE OF

FOCUS THROUGH THE VIEWFINDER. IS THIS A MANUALLY SET CAMERA WITHOUT THE

BENEFIT OF FOCUS SIMILAR TO AN INSTAMATIC OR STRAIGHT POINT AND CLICK CAMERA?

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. NOAH

Sorry, I didn't realize that I would inflame the participants of this website. This is my first posting here and really didn't even think about taking off the caps button. What I am really looking for is someone who is interested in helping me understand the workings of a new camera I purchased. If I ever respond to a posting here I will be respectful. Again I thank anyone in advance that is serious about sharing information with me, Louis Noah.

Louis -- sorry, I didn't realise you were serious. That time of year.

The Sprint was a mechanical camera with "programmed" connection between the shutter speed and the aperture. I've not handled one but, from the picture in McKeown's guide, it looks like you decide whether it is cloudy, sunny, etc., and the camera makes that "programme" decision for you. That means in turn you should probably use a fairly slow film -- ISO 100 will likely do fine. Good luck with it.

I have the Kalimar A version. You set the shutter speed and aperture manually. Only a fixed set of combinations is possible - but covers 95% of any shot you will ever need. You also focus manually. There is no battery needed. Oh... its not digital either.<div>00P0rM-42647784.jpg.8b5fac762788f911fb0cb349f2a0f384.jpg</div>