GM Model B Exposure Meter - how old?

chromatic-aberration

I have lived in the Chicago area for many years, and have never heard of G-M Laboratories. From its Art-Deco appearance I'd guess it to have been built in the late thirties. It may have been manufactured to compete with the Weston Master for which it has a slight resemblence. I think that it is pretty cute!

G-M Laboratories made pinball machines in Chicago in the 1930's; in a city that back then was a powerhouse of radio and photo makers too. G-M Laboratories was on Belmont avenue. GN made precision galvonometers for lab work; they made photolectric cells; they made relays; they made those giant suspended galvonometers we used in EE labs for bridge ciruit experiments; they also made lab stuff for botany testing; PH testing etc.

Christopher,

<p>

I found an ad in the February 1942 issue showing this meter.

<p>

I found another ad in the November 1940 issue. It is a full page ad announcing this meter for $8.75. It is on page 11. The face of the meter looks slightly different but it is a Model B.

<p>

The GE-48 listed for $21. The Weston Master 715 listed for $24. These are 1940 prices.

<p><div>00P2Ts-42688284.jpg.8ec1df5badb444c2c946f8cfdf9b8bd4.jpg</div>