a few more sets from my fav lens (50mm f /1.4)

vuk_vuksanovic

With the Bokeh, that's a very subjective land we're in - and even if we get the exact same scene shot with all the manufacturers different 50mm f/1.4 lenses we'd end up with a debate a mile long about who found which more pleasing. Myself, having never owned an EOS 50mm f/1.4 lens, I cannot possibly comment. Something that does interest me at the moment is the different responses of my 50mm 'M' and my 50mm 'FA', and they are different - I can feel it :-), but I don't have the time or the skills of many here to frame a debate on the topic. Nice shots Vuk!

thanks for the nice words. the fact that i use this lens 99% of the time on my pentax makes it easy to isolate the pictures ;-)

as for exhibiting/publishing. i did show for a year and did very well in terms of earnings and awards. the big problem for me was clients wanting me to articulate (not in pictures but conversation) some kind of transcendent meaning. there is plenty of meaning for me, but things will always be hit and miss for the viewer. in the end, it seemed best to just shoot for myself and earn a living by other means.

as for bokeh, i also shoot canon and leica (film SLR) and the pentax is right there with (if not slightly ahead of) the canon 50 f/1.4 (which i own), but a hair below the level of a 50mm summicron R. nothing can touch leica in this regard.

Wow! is all I can say about your images. I agree about using a good manual 50mm lens. I love my DA*'s but I really enjoy using my M 50mm f/1.7. There is something about returning to our roots in photography that I sometimes feel the need to do. Someday I'll have to put it up against my Leica 50mm f/2 DR Summicron.