lost files

lester_robertson

Help! I just shot a small job this morning on my D200. Images were recorded on 4G CF card in camera.

Images were reviewed after shooting in camera. I had other images on chip (should have reformatted, I

know). When I got home, the images I shot this morning were not there. I put the chip back in the

camera, and the morning's images were gone. All the others were still there. I shot another shot at

home and it is there. Where are my missing images? I don't see any other folders that have been

created. Help!

One of the best programs I have used to rescue erased photos or data from formated cards is testdisk, a free program that includes another program, photorec. It works in Windows and Linux, it is based in terminal (black window, grey characters... ms-dos like) but it is really easy to use. I believe you will need to use a card reader to use this, though it may work with the camera used as a card reader.

I agree. Put the CF card in a reader and use your computer to check if there is another folder in which the files got placed. When you go over number 9999 image, the camera creates a new folder starting with image number 0001 again. When you go to review, you may not see the first folder. It's likely that the images don't need to be rescued since you saw them there while you were shooting. Good luck.