Battery types and life

ron_miller5

Guys,

Awaiting delivery of my 645 Pro TL so I started looking for batteries. The

manual says it takes 3 types 4SR44 silver oxide, 4LR44 alkaline, or 2CR 1/3

lithium. I've been looking around and can't find the lithium 2cr 1/3. Does the

2CR5 replace the 2CR 1/3 because I can find them?

Also, I gather that the lithium lasts longer. Do you guys have preferences?

And why? I'm gonna miss recharchables. Given warm weather, how many releases

do you get per battery (of what type).

Thanks

Lithium lasts longer, resists cold temps better, and is quite a bit lighter weight.

If the 2CR5 is indeed a replacement for yours, look at Thomas Distributing on the web for

the charger and batteries. I've used that particular battery in a Contax 645 and it's been a

good performer in this notorious battery-hog of a camera.

Ron, I recommend that you stick with the cheaper PX28a alkaline batteries. Silver and Lithium cells are supposed to have a longer shelf life, but they all seem to last a similar length of time in the camera.

If you want to keep a backup spare battery, then I suppose lithium is the way to go, since the shelflife is around 5 years. Having said that, I reckon that alkalines are good for 3 or more years anyway. Silver cells are a waste of money IMHO; they offer no advantage in either shelflife or working capacity.

Thank Wil.

gary - I just ordered a bunch of Silver Oxides 4SR44. Roughly how long do they last? Would I get say 5-7 rolls of 1 battery? Just trying to judge how many to take along on a 2 week vacation. Say 10-12 rolls of 120. I'm new so I'll error on the side of caution with regards to exposure and bracket. That should take me more than a while to develop.