There are many posts in this forum on 6x12 and 6x17 RFBs for 4x5 Grafloks. I

am trying to get a fix on who makes the 6x12 versions. It is clear enough that

I can get a Shen-Hao back for $295 + shipping from Badger. These have now been

offered long enough to assume that they are basically what has been described

here, warts and all. Getting non-Chinese descriptions of the Guohoa product

seems more difficult.

http://www.guo-hua.com.cn/zhuji1.htm

On eBay, I find a seller 'cowy07' with a back for $189 + $40 shipping. Anyone

know which product this is? Have experience buying from this seller?

Brian Wallen

I have seen four different 6x12 backs made by Chinese companies. Guo Hua is the cheapest, made of largely plastic so light weight, not very durable or convenient. Shen Hao is a good, solidly built back but quite heavy and not very convenient either. I have seen DaYi/GaoErSi sell a very similar back. Not sure who actually manufactures it. There is also an automatic 6x12 back that has lever wind and automatic spacing. Bought from the same source, price is a good indicator of quality and convenience. Sometimes prices from different suppliers can vary a lot and that makes it more difficult to judge one product against another. The Guo Hua back costs about 500 yuan in China. Shen Hao is about 1000-1500. The automatic back is about 2000-2500 yuan.

• 4 weeks later...

kang tai www.kangtai.com or ktcamera.com also kt163.com(chinese with english button top-right-side) is very serious. they were at photokina 04.

they had a very interesting and cheap-maybe too cheap lierse called 45 compactcamera. but not shift....but i cannot find it anymore and commmunication is bad. Q+A-sectionis gone. but you can contact when asking about articles. or try to call them.

mr rens daughter is speaking english but i cannot reach here anymore.we used messenger-they censored but not when communicating with companies or in peking. our open democratic system seeam very very dangerious for china!! anyhow i called them up once and could speak with a translator.

http://www.shutterbug.net/equipmentreviews/35mm_cameras/0106panoramic/index1.html

you will find also their ebay-shop on right side.

back is called kt617. it has the best features compaired to all others i think when i study data but maybe the users have others opinions.