Luigi Case In Dry Box ?

kingsley1

Thank you very much Mr. Ali. I have no doubt you must possess excellent photographic skills.

In a humid country like the one I live in, if you do not put your photography gears like cameras and lenses in your dry box, when not in use, you are asking for trouble.

Francis, I live in Taiwan, and i always keep my gear in a dry cabinet, as well as the leather cases, and advise you to do the same. however I separate cases and cameras. Mohir Ali, your comment isn't responsible...

Boxes with Silica gel aren't good excepted if you renew the packs often.

Keeping the camera in use will not protect it from fungus. In a wet climate, carrying a pack of silica gel in the camera bag is wise, not doing so isn't. Silica gel isn't the best for storage of course, a dry cabinet however, the ideal solution.

Ali, I work a 5-day week, sometimes 6, indoors and so have only the weekends to do other things and photograhy. I envy those who are able to shoot every day.

Yann, thanks. I bought a Luigi case for my M8 and had wondered if I could just put the camera and case together into the dry cabinet after use.

Adrian, by dry box/cabinet, I mean a box with a built-in dehumidifier. The humidity in the box can be controlled. I keep my cameras and lenses in these boxes all the time unless they are in use. Otherwise fungus may set in.

Achtung it is vital to keep the camera in a ventilated place NOT in a sealed box. Fungus will grow in a dry box unless you are sure that your silica gel is OK and does the dehydration job well. I use a dry box for travel but keep it open at home or when in the hotel! A dry cabinet with a built in dehumidifier is the best if you live in a realy damp place.

Achtung it is vital to keep the camera in a ventilated place NOT in a sealed box. Fungus will grow in a dry box unless you are sure that your silica gel is OK and does the dehydration job well. I use a dry box for travel but keep it open at home or when in the hotel! A dry cabinet with a built in dehumidifier is the best if you live in a realy damp place.