Film backup

darlene_taylor

I'll be shooting pics for a couple of weddings soon with my k10d. I have a zx-30

that I bought about 8 years ago. I'm thinking of using that as a backup camera

just in case something horrid happens. My question is: What film should I pick

up? I've heard the place is very bright, but I haven't been there myself. I used

to just shoot in 800 because it was easy to capture my little boy with.

Portra.

You might even like the results better than your K10D :)

I like Portra 160NC and 400NC. The colour rendition of skin tones and wedding dresses is amazing. It scans very well too. The NC formulation is very gentle on skin. VC is brighter, with more pop to the colour.

I haven't used Portra 800, but it seems to be well liked.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/films/portra/familyFeatures.jhtml?id=0.2.26.14.7.14.16&lc=en

I'd go with 100UC or 400UC. 400 being more versatile. I've found "Good lighting" can often be exagerated.

I would think portra would be great too, but I never used it.

The 400UC does have a more saturated pallette but it's also optimized for flesh tones. I've taken quite a few people shots with it, and it looks great.

we LOVE portra. the VC can do some wild things w/ dark colors and skin - VERY saturated, is

what it should say - but the NC is still very very nice. For something you can pick up at

WalMart, use the Kodak UC (it lines up w/ the Portra NC). I personally wouldn't go over 400.

For a wedding, I stay around 160, but I've said before, I'm a little anal about high speeds. i

hate going over 400.