Leica cap for hood

Unfortunately, Leica didn't make a cap for the hood of the 35 Cron pre-ASPH. I never found a suitable third-party hood cap, either.

When I needed to protect the lens (or to protect the rubberized shutter from the sun), I just jammed a rectangle of stiff black paper in the front of the hood. The rectangle was about a quarter inch longer than the opening of the hood, so that I could make a fold and thus have a tab for removing the hood easily.

Leica does make a hood cap for the 35 Cron ASPH, but I don't often use mine as it's easy to lose and expensive to replace. Caps for lens hoods is not Leica's strong suit.

Better than that. Old, pre-asph, square hood 12524 uses 14043 cap. Present hood, for the asph, is 12526 but it uses the same 14043 cap. So, you can buy the cap of the current version and will fit OK (in fact, it holds a little better than the older version). Just the cap! I don't know about the hood...

MP

Wow. I purchased by pre-ASPH Cron in 1985. At that point no cap was available for the square hood. Apparently one did become available. I stand corrected and apologize for offering what apparently is misinformation. Anyone know when the cap was added to the catalogue?