Buying used from Adorama or bhphoto.com- good ? bad?

So i decided I am going to get a canon eos. yes!

But I keep hearing, glass, glass, glass.

So what is it like buying used or refurb from adorama or bh. I see many

craigslist.org listing but I am too scared. Adorama and bh also have extended

warranties.

I will be able to get better glass if I save $$ buying used, rather than the

Circuit City $1363 price tag of the 40d with 28-135 IS. Why Circuit City?

Because they have the no interest until 2010. Iam a college student and I HAD

money to burn, but now on my own living in expensive SF. So what's the scoop on

the sites mentioned above, or should I enjoy a new body?

Lenses? For the 40d, portrait/street in San Francisco, small rock concerts, and

mma in the future.

I hear the 50mm 1.8 is a must

and the 70-200IS--- but not any time soon cuz it's $, though I hear it's a must too.

Thanks! I want to make a purchase before this Saturday.

B&H is reliable, but I would want to see the item before I purchased it. Refurbished Canon from B&H are usualy good buys. They are frequently customer returns that merchants do not want to resell. Canon checks them and repacks them as refuribs. Used digital cameras may be fine, but I often wondered if the camera is in such great shape, why did the owner sacrifice it for a low trade in value? I avoid Adorama for used items

So far, I've done well with Adorama for used and new equipment, for both film and digital. Everything I've gotten has been in

exactly the condition that they said it was. Fortunately, I've had no reason to deal with their service department.

The used section of their web site can be a little questionable. They don't always have very good descriptions of the items:

USED: Sigma 400 5.6 Apo Af F/eos Lens W/cs*72 : that's it! Obviously, if you know exactly what you're after that's enough, but

if there are any question marks, you have to take some of the items on faith. Of course, you can always call to make sure you're

getting what you need.

Let's face it...Money Talks. Overall, I've gotten the best prices on everything I own from Adorama.

Short budget Means Used good equipment , all these people offer some type of return policy on used equipment KEH.Com is a no hassel place, Adorama.com also hassel free and B&H also hassel free : What I mean by this is if yuo have a justfiable reason to return the equipment you should not have any problems ! or use a local dealer and then you can go face to face if you get a problem!: If you have to have new look at Pentax K10D camera alone short money best feature for the money I feel: they have used lenses you can get on short money: good luck:

Don't buy used from Adorama unless you go to the store. They grade their gear haphazardly.

B&H grades the gear fairly but prices are expensive.

KEH.com is an excellent choice as their prices are good, they have a 14-day return policy, and their grading is very conservative. They're said to be the largest seller of used camera gear in the country, by the way.

Canon does not make it easy to learn how many shutter actuations a body has seen, and with the complexity and number of moving parts I'd advise you to buy a new body and used glass (from KEH).