A Bad Experience with KEH!!!

golden

Ken,

you are right, probably I was too emotional after getting better than expected item from KEH. I had mixed experiences on ebay, but always good with KEH (limited number of purchases though). I bought >40 items on ebay for myself and my friends, I had some good experiences (but not unexpected, because I do a lot of "homework" before the decision), on the other hand there were many situations when I thought - "well, almost as described..." 180mm lens I sent back was "excellent with accurate shutter at all speeds", but 1 sec was between 2 and 2,5 sec and glass quite dirty. Seller sent a refund and I still left the positive feedback, but did not have much pleasure in all this. So I may say that my statement reflects the average of my experiences - over/under or as expected. I'm not saying - don't buy on ebay, go to KEH or anything like this. What I'm saying is that after all these experiences I have different level of confidence doing business on ebay and KEH

• 1 month later...

I have always had good luck with KEH, and in fact purchased my first "bargain" lens

from them due only to reading the experiences here. The 150mm 3.5 looked nearly new

to me when I received it from them, and functions perfectly. Why they rated it "bargain"

I will never know. But like any large business, I'm sure there are people with good and

bad experiences. No matter what, you ARE buying used, so I suppose it is always a

crap shoot. Fortunately, I have always come up a winner!

steve

• 2 months later...