Bronica SQ multiple exposures?

mike_meal

I've done a few searches for info on making double/multiple exposures with a Bronica SQ-A but havent

had much success and it doesnt say too much about it in the manual. At a guess I would say that you

have to rate the film at half the speed it really is eg, 400iso film @ 200iso for a double exposure.

I'm really not sure about this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Mike,<br><br>When you rate the film at half the true ISO, you will overexpose each exposure by one stop.<br>What you would want to do is the opposite: underexpose each exposure (they add up in the final result), i.e. double the ISO.<br><br>Much depends though on the two images that are to be superimposed.<br>If each 'half-exposure' is to appear in a part of the other one that is (very) dark (i.e. contains very little or even no detail) each exposure should be normal, without correction.<br>If they are to appear 'all over' each other and are to be equally strong in appearance, halving the exposure/doubling the ISO value for each will do the trick. But even then, when one image is rather 'high key' compared to the second image, the 'high key' one will appear to be more dominant.<br>So you need to experiment a bit, and try different settings.