Horseman Binocular Reflex Viewer for 4x5 Cameras

andresainderichin

there are situations where the use of a reflex viewer isn't only comfortable, but nearly indispensable.

I think of the following situations:

1) tabletop-pictures with a high camera standpoint, view downwards: Instead of climbing a ladder you can use the reflex viewer mounted with the viewer downwards.

2) "repro"-work on site and on the floor: At a certain distance you have to be an acrobat or have a good ladder at disposition to view the screen without the reflex viewer [lately I had to photograph large old movie posters (too valuable and too fragile to pin to a wall) - tripod head and camera at a hight of more than 3 meters - I had to focus on a chair on a table - impossible without the reflex viewer!]

3) Deep camera standpoint: when you are not 20 anymore you will be glad not having to go on your knees all the time.

Of course you don't need the reflex viewer for comfortable camera positions as for architecture and landscapes.

Sorry I don't know if the Horseman Viewer fits a Sinar. But you should also consider a Sinar viewer (I like mine very much; the adjustable mirror is a fine feature in extreme situations) - they are quite common on the used market and not very expensive.