Getting into Hasselblad - getting the gear right

svein_n1

Bakker wrote:

<p>

<i>Now to the "common issue" thing: you, Antonio, again say things like "they can have".

Now what are "they"? See how you are making general statements, and thus are indeed

suggesting it is a common thing?</i>

<p>

Actually, if you quote me correctly instead of making stuff up you will see that what I

actually wrote was: <i>Hasselblads can have a tendency to fail, particularly the shutter

releasing on its own/locking up</i>, and, far from making a general statement

indicatting this is a common thing, if you read a bit further down the page I go on to back

my comments up by detailing my own experices with my 500CM that had a tendency to

lock up.

<p>

I am not sure what you are trying to acheiving by all of your disinformation, but I for one

am not impressed with you at all. You seem overly keen to prove you have the greater

intellect, at any cost.

Antonio,<br><br>Please stop this stream of dribble.<br>Read, and you will see that i quoted you, and did so verbatim.<br><br>You think this is about intellect (again! What's that with you and that subject?)? So use the grey bit inside of your head, and understand that saying that "Hasselblads/they have" is indeed a blanket, general statement, and your own experiences are proffered as an example of how "Hasselblads/they" do.<br><br>And please stop your attempts (here and elsewhere) to pass anything that does not agree with your view of as disinformation.<br>You, Antonio, are the one spreading disinformation.

Hasselblad cameras are mechanical wonders that really like to be treated to some new lubricants and even a few new parts once in a while.

Professional heavy use dictates a service every year.

Not so heavily used cameras like to see the inside of a good repairshop every 3-5 years. Like most cars you can neglect these

service intervalls and see what happens.

The most important part for older C series lenses the main spring is still available so unless these lenses are dropped or the glass is damaged with proper care they will last another 10-20 years.

Stiff focussing is due to the need to chance the grease of the helicoid.

Properly serviced these lenses are a joy to use for many years to come.

And yes lock up can be caused by the camera as well especially those that were not serviced in time.

Any of the small springs inside the body may decide to give up and break causing the camera to lock.

It can even happen after a full service so for important jobs rely on a camera that was serviced some time ago.

Carrying a spare body is a save precaution.

My two cents after daily using Hasselblad cameras and Zeiss lenses

for more than fourty years.

I have used my two Hasselblad 500 C and C/M bodies extensively in temps below 0

degrees Fahrenheit to over 100 degrees. Humid, dry, dusty, snowy, etc. The camera bodies

have never failed me. I have only had a little trouble with worn out film backs getting

jammed up causing film spacing problems.

Sometimes good cameras break. I don't understand why people want to write off the

whole brand of Hasselblad because of 1 bad experience with a camera. This doesn't make

sense to me.